10th grade English Language Arts Composition MCAS.
Date(s) - Tuesday, March, 21, 2017
10th grade MCAS
On Tuesday, March 21st, Wednesday, March 22nd, and Thursday, March 23rd all sophomores at Georgetown High School will participate in English Language Arts Massachusetts Comprehensive Assessment System (MCAS)
The English Language Arts Testing for sophomores will be scheduled as follows:
- The English Language Arts Composition (Sessions I & 2) will be administered on Tuesday, March 21st. The first 4 periods of the school day have been set aside for this assessment.
- The English Language Arts Reading Comprehension Test (Sessions 1 & 2) will be administered on Wednesday, March 22nd. Session 1 will be during the first 2 periods of the school day and Session 2 will be in the later part of the day.
- The English Language Arts Reading Comprehension Test (Session 3) will be administered on Thursday, March 23rd. This session will be will be during the first 2 periods of the school day.
The Massachusetts Board of Elementary and Secondary Education has established the following criteria which must be met in order for a student to earn a Competency Determination on the MCAS test:
- To either meet or exceed a scaled score of 240 on the grade 10 MCAS English Language Arts Test and Mathematics Test
- OR exceed a scaled score of 220 on both tests AND fulfill the requirements of an Educational Proficiency Plan (EPP)
- All students must additionally meet or exceed the minimum “Needs Improvement” Score (a scaled score of 220 or higher) on the Science and Technology/Engineering MCAS Test
- Please encourage your children to do their best work and make sure they are well rested and eat breakfast on testing days.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns; Julia Robinson (978-352-5790 x3137) , Guidance Director