Update on Penn Brook Electrical Issue

This morning I posted about an electrical situation at Penn Brook and I want to provide an update. The situation occurred due to a malfunction in the main electrical box that caused a short which produced smoke. The fire alarm went off and everyone was evacuated while the situation was analyzed by the Fire Department, the Electrical Inspector and the electrician who was called to the school.  Even though the ultimate cause was determined, the  repair involves the installation of new parts that are not immediately available. Due to this fact, the  school will be closed tomorrow Thursday August 8th to any and all employees and visitors.  The special education programs will not run tomorrow but there will be a make up day scheduled.  The Penn Brook Adventure Camp will run tomorrow because they are going on a field trip and will not need to access the school. Parents should wait with their children in the parking lot until the children can get on the bus.  Other than the Adventure Camp,  staff members  should not report to work tomorrow and teachers will not be able to come in to set up classrooms. We will know more tomorrow about when the parts will be available and then I can let you know when the building can be reopened. I want to thank everyone who assisted with this situation today. The Georgetown Fire Department under the direction of Brett Moyer, the Georgetown Police Department under the direction of Chief Cudmore , especially Sgt. Defeo who was on site the whole time, the Georgetown Light Department, the Electrical Inspector and electrician Mark Unger who always responds when we need him,  Principal Margaret Maher, Assistant Principal Hope Doran, Secretary Dianne Collins, the custodial maintenance staff led by Mike Anderson and all of the program staff who worked together to ensure that everyone was safely evacuated  and everything ran smoothly. Also a big thank you to all of the parents who came to pick up their children when we called them. I know that can be a big inconvenience ,especially for working parents, but since the building was closed because there was no power and /or electricity we had no other choice. Thank you for your understanding.